BM Logbook June 26th 2012 - A small shed for loco supplies

This article was published Jun 01, 2012.

log June 2012 -- info

Last days I have been working on this little shed as a side building for a future loco shed or as a standalone building at a flagstop or equal.

As you can see on the pictures this is just hardcard and some wood strips. The roof is a piece I had laying in a box for years, found it putting down tools and materials to have with me on our vacation.

After assembled all pieces I first added a graywash over complete building. It was made with a bottle of Tamiya middle gray added to 2 dl of windshield washing liquid. When dry I mixed 1 part red, 1 part middle brown and about 3-4 parts of windshield liquid again, to paint the walls with. The yellow door is done with 1 part yellow, 1 part light brown and maybe 10 parts of windshield liquid. I use this instead of water because it does not effect the hardcard or wooden strips, but still allows me blend a very thin mixture to paint with.

Last I took 1 part dark green mixed with maybe 5 parts windshield liquid. This I used to simulate algae at the bottom edge around the building. I wanted it to look like it been around for a long time outside.

Still need to fix the window and a doorknob for the door. Maybe put a rusty bar over the door instead and fix it with a padlock, it would make it look less permanent. The roof also needs more colour to simulate corrugated alu/iron sheets.

The paint is still wet on last pictures, when dry the colour will look more even.

/Henrik

log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012
log June 2012