Book Reviews -- Sudanese Red Sea Coast
This article was published May 17, 2012.
Author: Henry Gunston.
Publisher: Plateway Press, printed 2001.
Pages/Size: 67 pages, 7in * 9in
Price/Avail: ??, should be available.
- Some Sudanese History
- The 18-inch Gauge Military Railways at Suakin, 1884-85
- The 18-inch Gauge Military Railways to the Wells at El Teb
- Cotton, Camels, Sambuks.. and sir Felix J C Pole
- The Tokar-Trinkitat Light Railway
- Along the route from Trinkitat to Tokar
- A Riddle of the Sands - The Tokar Sand Clearance 1937-38
- Narrow Gauge in the Docks at Port Sudan
- 18-inch Gauge Locomotives and Rolling Stock
- Locomotives and Rolling Stock on the Tokar-Trinkitat Light Railway
- Locomotives and Rolling Stock on the Tokar Sand Clearance
- Alternative Links from Tokar to the Red Sea Coast
Descript: Several 18in railways and also some 600mm gauge railways along the red sea coast during both world wars and inbetween. No plans.
Recommendation: Recommended, nice reading, many photos.