Transportation on the Western Front
This article was published May 17, 2012.
Author: A M Henniker.
Title: Official history of the great war, Transportation on the Western Front
Pages/Size: 531 pages, 6in * 9in
Price/Avail: available Oct2004, costed $ 49.95.
- Position on the outbreak of the war
- August and September 1914
- The line of communications, September to December
- Beginnings of the railway construction troops
- September and October 1914
- Evolution of the lines, prepare for advance thrue belgium
- Maintenance movements, troop movements
- Railways in an offensive
- Road transport and light railways
- Growth of branches 14-16
- Situation towards the end of 1916
- Organization during 17-18
- Winter of 16-17
- Movements by sea
- Winter of 16-17 (continued)
- 1917 (continued)
- Transport of tanks by rail
- Winter 17-18
- German offensive March-April 1918
- March-July 1918
- Last four months
- Armistice and after
- Personnel, Labour, Stores and materials
Descript: This is a reprint of the old classic. Sadly it is not complete, all the nice maps, charts and drawings are excluded in this release. This is text only, around 98% of it, but what a fascinating text it is!
Recommendation: Absolutely! This is the master, don't be without it. It might not look as much at first, but start read it and you understand.